I wanted to write about this a few days ago, but have only found the time to do so now.
The Government Printing Office (GPO) started releasing materials from the Spring 2008 Depository Library Conference even before the DLC meeting closed on April 2, 2008. You can find their materials at http://www.fdlp.gov/repository/dlc/spring08/index.html
GPO deserves credit for being prompt for the initial release of DLC materials. It is a refreshing change from a few years ago when people who couldn’t make meetings had to wait many weeks for materials to be made available. So thanks GPO!
I hope to go through most of this material in the near future in more detail, but here are some items that seem like they are of special interest:
- Improved Access to EPA Information:Before and After with Web 2.0 by Brand Niemann (in 3 parts)
- Web 2.0 Power Point Presentation by Cindy Etkin of the U.S. Government Printing Office
- Back to the drawing board in Virtual and Real Worlds
- Web Harvesting Update for the Depository Library Council
- Web Scraping Government Information
Go forth and check out! Let us know what you think of what’s been released.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.