I’ve always had a thing for FRED (Federal Reserve Economic Data). And now they’re providing a free excel add-in for 290,000 data series from various sources (e.g., BEA, BLS, Census, and OECD). Thanks St Louis Fed!
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Economic Data (FRED) Add-In is free software that will significantly reduce the amount of time spent collecting and organizing macroeconomic data. The FRED add-in provides free access to over 290,000 data series from various sources (e.g., BEA, BLS, Census, and OECD) directly through Microsoft Excel.
- One-click instant download of economic time series.
- Browse the most popular data and search the FRED database.
- Quick and easy data frequency conversion and growth rate calculations.
- Instantly refresh and update spreadsheets with newly released data.
- Create graphs with NBER recession shading and an auto update feature.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.