FGI provides an aggregator service allowing you to easily scan the posts on many different blogs in one place. We have chosen blogs that we find interesting and informative and related to the mission of FGI. We provide several ways for you to follow the content of these other blogs:
- Read recent feeds from all the blogs we aggregate on one page.
- We’ve grouped these blogs into four broad categories for your convenience and you can read recent feeds from all the blogs in any of the four categories by using these links to each of the four category-aggregator pages here on FGI: Government Documents Blogs, Government Technology blogs, Information focused government blogs, and Blogs from organizations of interest to FGI.
- You can also see the four categories in the left and right columns of this page and click on the titles of recent posts to go directly to those posts. (Click on “more” to see the complete aggregation of the category.)
- You can add the feeds to your favorite feed-reader by using the “[Feed]” link after each blog name below or by clicking on the name of the blog in any entry you here.
- You can click on the links below to visit the blogs.
If you know of other blogs and feeds that you would recommend to the community, please send mail to “admin” at freegovinfo.info.
(3/23/06) We’re trying out a little experiment here at FGI by doing a social hack of del.icio.us. If you find interesting blogs, please add the tag “FGI:blogroll”. See the sites we’ve already tagged on del.icio.us. If this doesn’t make sense, email us and we’ll try to explain.
Here’s a list of the blogs that we currently have in the aggregator. If your favorite’s not listed, please contact us or tag it for the blogroll :
- beSpacific — law and technology news by Sabrina Pacifici [Feed]
- Center for Democracy and Technology [Feed]
- Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington [Feed]
- Common Cause Blog [Feed]
- Creative Commons [Feed]
- Deep Links from Electronic Frontier Foundation [Feed]
- Documents in the News (Washington State Library) [Feed]
- DSHR’s Blog – Commentary on Digital Preservation and other technology issues from LOCKSS team member David Rosenthal [feed]
- FDLP Desktop News and Updates [Feed]
- FDSys blog — The blog of the Government Printing Office’s “Future Digital System (FDSys).” [Feed]
- Federal Computer Week (FCW) [Feed]
- Full Text Reports [Feed]
- GovDocs @ Gelman by Tina Plottel [Feed]
- Gov Docs on the Bayou! [Feed]
- Government Book Talk [Feed]
- Government Computer News [Feed]
- Government News for Montana (Univ of Montana) [Feed]
- Government Publications Library–University of Colorado at Boulder [Feed]
- Government Technology [Feed]
- Govinfo News (Fondren Library, Rice University) [Feed]
- GPO Access – What’s New [Feed]
- IRCworld: US Information Resource Centers around the world [Feed]
- Memory Blog, the blog for The Memory Hole [Feed]
- MySpace Govdocs by Lori Smith (SLU) [Feed]
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information (OSTI) blog [RSS Feed]
- Open Access News [RSS Feed, Atom Feed]
- Open CRS [Feed]
- Open House Project [Feed]
- Open Knowledge Foundation [Feed]
- Open Society [Feed]
- Open Source Software News [Feed]
- Pius XII Memorial Library Government Documents [Feed]
- Public Knowledge [Feed]
- Red Tape Blog — Michigan State University library and GODORT of Michigan [Feed]
- Secrecy News [Feed]
- Sunshine week blog [Feed]
- Swem Government Information [Feed]
- Technology Liberation Front [Feed]
- UC Berkeley GovBlog [Feed]
- Union of Concerned Scientists Blog [Feed]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.