Information focused government blogs
Library Services and Content Management learned this morning that planned enhancements to Item Lister and the Depository Selection Information Management System (DSIMS) were moved to our live site last night. Further details on enhancements will be released later today. Libraries using these tools may notice some interface changes in the meantime. We apologize for any confusion.
A live training Webinar, “Hands-On Exercises in American FactFinder,” will be offered Wednesday, February 27, 2013.
- Hands-On Exercises in American FactFinder
- Start Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
- Duration: 1 hour
- Summary: Participants will complete various hands-on exercise scenarios in the American FactFinder data access tool. Presenters from the U.S. Census Bureau will provide a detailed explanation of steps for each exercise.
Registration is required. Space is limited to the first 190 registrants on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon registering, an e-mail confirmation of registration will include instructions for joining the Webinar.
Prior to attending this Webinar, participants are encouraged to have completed either the “Access Census Bureau Stats: American FactFinder” Webinar that was held on 2/13/13 or viewed its archived presentation.
A new training video on Advanced Searching of GPO's Federal Digital System (FDsys) is now available.
The video focuses on utilizing the FDsys Advanced Search function, using metadata to return precise results, and ways to further improve search results. The video is available here on the homepage of FDLP's beta Web site and on the Learn About FDsys page on gpo.gov. Please note options for closed captioning, enlarging the video, and volume control from the menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the video screen.
All are encouraged to view and share this FDsys tutorial. Stay tuned for upcoming announcements of future training modules.
The next two live training classes on navigating GPO's Federal Digital System (FDsys) will be offered Wednesday, February 20, 2013.
- Introduction to FDsys
- Start Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Duration: 1 hour
- Summary: An introductory course on navigating Federal Government information using FDsys. During this session, attendees will learn basic and advanced searching, browsing, retrieving by citation, help tools, and working with FDsys search results.
- Advanced Navigation in FDsys
- Start Time: 1:00 p.m.
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Summary: Focuses on tracking Federal legislation and regulations.
Additional Webinars will be offered in the future. You can also view archived Webinars. Subscribe to the RSS feed to be alerted when new Webinars are posted to the archive.
The National Park Service (NPS) has offered the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) excess copies of select volumes of the Laws Relating to the National Park Service for distribution to Federal depository libraries. The Laws Relating to the National Park Service were previously distributed to selecting libraries. This is an opportunity for libraries that are newer to the Program or missing issues to fill gaps in their collections.
- Item Number: 0653-B-01 (Paper)
- Class: I 29.46/2:
- PURL: http://purl.fdlp.gov/GPO/gpo28633
- CGP System Number: 0178580
Copies will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Depending on the quantity ordered, these publications may arrive in your depository shipment box or in a separate mailing.
This offer expires March 22, 2013. Complete the form to request copies.