Thanks to Arlene Weible, we now have a summary of the large academic libraries breakout of the “tangibles” discussion at the Spring 2005 Depository Library Council meeting. We welcome other summaries, whether or not they agree with Arlene’s. Go ahead and send those to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll post yours as well. The more people contribute, the better picture we’ll have. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Thanks also belong to Hui Hua Chua of Michigan State University for letting us know that Akamai/Disaster Recovery was not discussed at Tuesday’s GPO Access Open Forum.
If you attended the Spring 2005 DLC, we are still looking for the very first summary of the following sessions:
- Depository 101 (Sunday April 17)
- Government Information Quarterly (Sunday April 17)
- Regionals’ Meeting (Monday April 18) NOTE: If this meeting was attended by regionals only and meant to be a closed meeting, please drop us a line so we don’t post proceedings from a private meeting. We’re only interested in the public record.
- GODORT Meeting (Monday April 18)
- FDLP Myths and Monsters (Tuesday April 19)
- New Depository Manual (Wednesday April 20) – We do have the handout from this session.
- Disaster Recovery for Depositories (Wednesday April 20)
We do not plan to provide coverage for these listed sessions:
- New Attendees Orientation
- Reception at National Atomic Museum
- Optional Walking tour of UNM Library system
Thanks to those attendees who have shared their view of the Spring 2005 Depository Library Council meeting and so opened a depository librarian’s view of this meeting to the entire government information community!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.