The Government Publishing Office just announced that they’ve released another decade of historic bound Congressional Record, this time covering 1971 – 1980.
The U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) partners with the Library of Congress to release the digital version of the bound Congressional Record from 1971-1980 on GPO’s govinfo system.
This release covers debates and proceedings of the 92nd through the 96th Congresses. This era of Congress covers historical topics such as:
- The Administrations of Presidents Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, and Jimmy Carter
- Passage/ratification of the 26th Amendment (allowing 18-year-olds to vote)
- The end of the Vietnam War
- The Bicentennial
- Civil Service Reform Act of 1978
- The Iran Hostage Crisis
- OPEC and the Oil Crises of the 1970s
- Title IX Amendment of the Higher Education Act
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.