April has certainly come in with a bang. I’ve fallen behind on my BOTM duties because of some computer issue (everyone take a minute and back up your data RIGHT NOW!). I’m back on the horse, and pleased to introduce Newkirk Barnes, our guest blogger for April, 2007. You can read more about Newkirk on her bio page. Newkirk comes to us from Mitchell Memorial Library at Mississippi State University (MSU). Take it away Newkirk!!
Also, much thanks to Gary Price, our BOTM for March. Gary was one of our most prolific guest bloggers — in fact he posted FGI item numbers 999, 1000, and 1001!!! — and will continue to post to FGI when it strikes his fancy. In the meantime, don’t forget to visit the ResourceShelf and DocuTicker!
For those that may have missed some of Gary’s posts, here’s a list. Thanks again Gary!! We look forward to your informative posts in the future!!
- Need Some Planning Calendars
- A Quick Look at CapWiz
- CRS Updates
- Some Bits About Ask.com
- Digitized Newspapers: New from LoC and Other Resources
- Director of National Security Archive on C-SPAN; Rosemary Award Winner For Worst FOIA Performance Announced
- TerraFly’s Data
- Sunshine Week: Charlotte Observer Info Pros Share Resources, Answer Questions About Public Records on New Blog
- The Washington Daybook
- More FOIA Resources Including a FOIA Quiz from the Associated Press
- IFLA Posts Country Reports From Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters
- More than 1 Million Pages of Historical Government Documents Removed from Public View Since 9/11
- The Mobile Web in Action
- A Review of the Federal Bureau of Investigationâ€™s Use of Section 215 Order for Business Records (Unclassified), March 2007
- Updated: Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons, March 2007
- In the News: Memorandum of Understanding Between the United States and Brazil to Advance Cooperation on Biofuels
- Near Real Time Info: Amtrak
- Near Real Time Info from the FAA
- New Statistical Reports: Business in Europe & Global Employment Trends for Women
- Website for National War Powers Commission Now Online
- Official U.S. House Committee Lists Released
- Census Bureau Accidently Places Data Online
- 2007 Congressional Pig Book Released and Online
- The DC Radio Dial for Federal Government News
- 2006 Annual Report on Human Rights Released by U.S. Department of State
- “Doing Business In” Country Commercial Guides for 2007 Continue Getting Released
- New PATRIOT Act Report to Congress from DOJ IG Now Available
- IFLA Posts Draft Guidelines for Libraries of Government Departments
- Recent Info Security Report, Walking Directions, Intro to Loki
- Hello from Washington D.C.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.