A reminder of some of the ways the Census Bureau is using to promote and facilitate use of its wealth of data.
- Increasing the Reach of Census Bureau Data. By Raul Cisneros, director, Center for New Media and Promotion and Rebecca Blash, chief, Center for Enterprise Dissemination Services and Consumer Innovation (CEDSCI), U.S. Census Bureau. The Commerce Blog (December 19, 2014).
Some of the things mentioned:
- APIs and newsletter for developers.
- dwellr. An app that helps users discover cities and towns that fit their lifestyle
- America’s Economy. App provides real-time updates of 20 key economic indicators
- Quickfacts. fully interactive, customized tables that let users compare statistics for up to six locations side by side, and to share those statistics in social media
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.