A good story with a slide show.
- History Detectives, by Emily Long, NextGov (05/24/2010)
- slideshow of some of the photos posted to Flickr with sample comments submitted by the public about the image.
“In January 2008, the Library launched a pilot project with the photo-sharing website Flickr to display publicly held photography collections. The site, called the Commons, offers the public easier access to collections housed in organizations such as the Library of Congress and the Smithsonian Institution, and, hopefully, gathers more details about specific images.”
- Thank you from LoC “to all the wonderful people who have contributed comments, tags, and notes.”
- Flickr Commons, “Your opportunity to contribute to describing the world’s public photo collections.”
- The Library of Congress’ photostream on Flickr.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.