In light of all this financial upheaval, I’ve been trying to find good sources for learning basic economic concepts. I must admit that I haven’t taken economics since high school, a class that consisted of one semester learning to balance checkbooks… and that was about it. Lately I’ve been reading a basic economics book, and have another on my to-read list, but it struck me that what I really needed was a series of short educational publications on specific economic topics.
Hmmm… government documents, anyone? Here are some helpful documents and websites I’m using.
- Federal Reserve Education
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco: Publications
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas: Publications
- The Federal Reserve, Monetary Policy and the Economy
- Free Enterprise, the Economy and Monetary Policy
- Everyday Economics
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Please comment if you’ve got further resources–I’m fascinated to see them!