We recently mentioned a couple of articles about digitizing print materials (Mass Digitization of Books, 2006-12-23). Now there is a new article on LLRX.com that echoes some of the same issues brought up in those earlier articles.
- Technology and Policy Issues With Acquiring Digital Collections By Roger V. Skalbeck and Iva M. Futrell, LLRX.com, February 12, 2007.
Skalbeck and Futrell outline some key issues:
- How will people access a new service?
- Is a link to the digital collectionâ€™s website sufficient?
- How can people find out about a new service?
- How should a law firm assess overall costs?
- What is protected by copyright?
- What does the access contract cover?
- When and how can you charge clients?
- Should a client pay more for a poorly-designed system?
- Access v. Ownership
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.