At the beginning of each year, I (Daniel) compile yearly statistics for the pages of the State Agency Databases Project at http://wikis.ala.org/godort/index.php/State_Agency_Databases. Here are a few highlights from 2014.
We had five states top 10,000 visits a year, led by Missouri with 22,069 visits.
Virginia had the fewest visits at 1638, but even this state page was visited an average of 4.5 times a day in 2014.
Here are all eight of our subject collection pages, ranked by number of visits received in 2014:
1. Prisoner Locater Tools 10373
2. Health Practitioner Databases A-M 7802
3. Historical Media databases 2441
4. Biographical databases 2251
5. Historical Newspaper and Magazine Indexes 2124
6. Health Practitioner Databases N-Z 1893
7. Official records databases 1711
8. Museum Collection databases 986
If you’d like to establish a new subject collection on the State Agency Databases project or would like to build a subject collection on your own site using project links, let me know.
If you are interested in full project statistics from 2011 forward visit:
If you have questions or comments about these statistics, please leave a comment here or e-mail me.