I’m sure many of you have seen this on one list or another, but I just caught the announcement for the International Conference on the Preservation of Digital Objects (iPRES 2006) and thought that FGI readers would find this conference extremely interesting. The deadline for early registration is September 1, 2006.
iPRES will be held October 8-10, 2006 at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY U.S.A. The theme of this year’s iPRES is Words to Deeds: Collaboration in the Realm of Digital Preservation.
Following on the successful iPRES 2005 held September 14-16 in Goettingen, Germany, iPRES 2006 will kickoff with a keynote presentation by Ian Wilson, Librarian and Archivist of Canada. Plenary Sessions will explore topics in Preserving Multimedia Objects, E-Journal Preservation, Certification, and National Efforts in Digital Preservation. Concurrent sessions on Tools of the Trade, eScience, Repositories, and New Initiatives will also be held.
Featured speakers for iPRES 2006 include:
- Svein Arne Brygfjeld, National Library of Norway
- Robin Dale, Program Officer, RLG
- Marc Dantzker, Curator, Macaulay Library, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
- Susanne Dobratz, Head of University Library, Humboldt-University Berlin
- Eileen Fenton, Executive Director, Portico
- Carl Fleishhauer, Project Coordinator, Office of Strategic Initiatives, Library of Congress
- Andrew McHugh, Advisory Services Manager, Digital Curation Centre
- Erik Oltmans, Head e-Depot, National Library of the Netherlands
- Vicky Reich, Director of LOCKSS Program, Stanford University Libraries and Academic Resources
- Seamus Ross, Director HATII University of Glasgow and Associate Director Digital Curation Centre (UK)
- Barbara Signori, Swiss National Library
- Ken Thibodeau, Head of the Electronic Records Division, US National Archives and Records Administration
- David Thomas, Director of Government and Technology, The National Archives, UK
- Ian Wilson, Librarian and Archivist of Canada
- Zhang Xiaolin, Director, Library of Chinese Academy of Sciences (LCAS)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.