At the recently closed Best Practices Exchange 2007, Kelly Eubank of the North Carolina State Archives presented how NC has made archived agency web pages available throught their use of the Archive-It tool.
The NC collection can be found at http://www.ah.dcr.state.nc.us/archives/webarchives/index.html.
Looking at all the collections available from the Archive-IT web sites, it seems like a number of state governments are using this tool:
- Alabama – several collections
- Arizona – several collections
- Indiana State and Local Documents by Indiana University
- Virginia – several collections by Library of Virginia
- Nebraska – County gov’t sites saved by Nebraska Historical Society.
- North Carolina – several collections
- North Dakota – several collections
- Tennesee – several collections
- Utah – several collections
Let’s hear it for all of the these state libraries, archives and universities trying to gather the information output of their state agencies.
FGI would warmly welcome any detailed statements from owners of the collections above, particularly about their future access plans.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.