Official Documents by and about GPO and FDLP
Documents here are listed in chronological order, newest at the top.
- The Federal Government Information Environment of the 21st Century: Towards a Vision Statement and Plan of Action for Federal Depository Libraries. Discussion Paper Prepared by the Depository Library Council. September 2005 (PDF)
- GPO FDLP Statistics Compiled by ALA GODORT for discussion (June 22, 2005) (PDF). Compiled by John Stevenson, GODORT Chair.
- Update for ALA June 2005 (PDF). Statistics and information for GODORT Update at the 2005 ALA Annual Conference.
- ID 73: "Harvesting Federal Digital Publications for GPO's Information Dissemination (ID) Programs." This policy governs both manual and automated harvesting of publications from Federal agency web sites for inclusion in the Federal Depository Library and National Bibliography Programs.
- GPO's Digitization Specification 3.0. This document will be used to support GPO's plan to convert legacy U.S. government documents into preservation masters that will subsequently be used to creative derivative "access" files that support user requirements.
- GPO National Bibliography
- GPO National Collection
- Requirements Document (RD V1.0) For the Future Digital System (FDsys). Final, May 18, 2005 (PDF)
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS V2.0) For the Future Digital System (FDsys). Final, May 16, 2005 (PDF)
- Preliminary Requirements FDsys. Executive Summary of Phase 3 (PDF)
- GPO position on FDLP distribution
- GPO Concept of Operations for the Future Digital System
- GPO Strategic Plan 2004
- OMB Report to Congress, April, 2005
- (1996) Study to Identify Measures Necessary for a Successful Transition to a More Electronic Federal Depository Library Program. as required by Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 1996. Public Law 104-53. Washington D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office. June 1996.