Free Government Information is once again providing “grassroots proceedings” and audio recordings of sessions from the Fall 2005 Depository Library Council meeting in Washington, DC at the Hyatt Regency Washington. The meeting will begin Sunday, October 16, 2005 and end on Wednesday, October 19, 2005. This meeting is especially important because there will be many discussions about the vision for the future of the FDLP!
If you are either attending or presenting at this conference, we want to hear from you! If you are interested in providing notes or audio recordings of any of the sessions below, please drop me a line at dnlcornwall “at” alaska.net.
If you will be presenting at the Fall DLC Meeting, we would be honored to host any handouts you have. Just e-mail them to dnlcornwall “at” alaska.net with a note of which session your handout(s) belong to and we will post them within a day of receipt.
While we welcome general comments on the Council meeting, or notes from ANY public session, we are most interested in providing content on the sessions below:
Sunday, October 16, 2005
- 10:30-12:00 GPO Update
- 1:30-3:00 Council Session: In the Age of Massive Digitization: Libraries, Government Information and the Public – Presented by Clifford Lynch (Coalition for Networked Information)
- 1:30-3:00 Depository Library 101: Depository Library Basics
- 1:30-3:00 Government Documents for Kids: Public & School Libraries
- 1:30-3:00 Smoking, Drinking, Cancer & Family History: 5 yrs of Federal Documents Use Data at Illinois State University, 2000-2005
- 3:30-5:00 Council Session: Authentication & GPO Access Back-up Website Demo
- 3:30-5:00 Depository Library 201: FDLP Myths and Monsters
- 3:30-5:00 Promoting Government Information: Outreach to Non-Depository Libraries
Monday, October 17, 2005
- 8:30-10:00 Council and FDLP Visioning Session
- 10:30-12:00, 1:30-3:00 Council and FDLP Visioning Session Breakout by Topics
- Library Roles in the Non-Exclusive Environment [DLC provided notes – scroll to bottom of page for comments.]
- Managing Collections & Delivering Content[DLC provided notes – scroll to bottom of page for comments.]
- Adding Value [DLC provided notes – scroll to bottom of page for comments.]
- Deploying Expertise[DLC provided notes – scroll to bottom of page for comments.]
- 3:30-5:00 Council and FDLP Visioning Session Breakout by Library Type
- Large Academic
- Small Academic
- 6:30-9:00 GODORT Meeting
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
- 8:30-10:00, 10:30-12 Council and FDLP Visioning Session
Report on Breakouts
- 8:30-10:00, 10:30-12:00 Depository Library 301
- 8:30-10:00 Agency Update: DOE / OSTI Technology Solutions for Enhanced Information Access
- 8:30-9:15 The Web At Risk: A Distributed Approach to Preserving our Nationâ€™s Political Cultural Heritage
- 9:15-10:00 The Homeland Security Digital Library: Supporting DHS & Law Enforcement – [Author supplied PowerPoint]
- 10:30-12:00 Agency Update: Department of Homeland Security
- 10:30-12:00 Franklin: On-Line Catalog â€“ Open Forum
- 1:30-3:00 Council Session
- 1:30-3:00 Depository Library 401: Disaster Recovery for Depositories
- 1:30-3:00 Agency Update: Dept of Health & Human Services
- 1:30-3:00 Agency Update: Dept. of Commerce, STAT-USA (2:15-3:00)
- 1:30-3:00 GPO Access Open Forum / New Databases
- 3:30-5:00 Council Session
- 3:30-5:00 Agency Update with Science.Gov
- 3:30-5:00 Contrails: The Evolution of an Air Force Technical Report Digitization Project – Author provided PowerPoint. File also available as a download from the presenter’s web site.
- 3:30-5:00 GPO Open Forum on FDLP & CIP Operations
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
- 8:30-10:00, 10:30-12:00 Plenary Session with Public Printer of U.S.
- 1:00-4:30 Regional Depository Library Meeting
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.