Below is a bibliography — alphabetical by title — of resources relating to the many intertwining issues surrounding government information. You’ll find here articles on copyright, Freedom of Information (FOIA), digital library management among others. We’ve also started using a Zotero group to collect articles on an ongoing basis. If you’d like to suggest other titles, please email@example.com“>email us or post the citation(s) as a comment to this page.
- “Facts for Sale by Holley Knaus. Multinational Monitor, 5 (1991)
- Government Documents at the Crossroads  by Karrie Peterson, Elizabeth Cowell, and Jim Jacobs, American Libraries, (Sept 2001) vol. 32 no. 8 p. 52-55.
- Government Information in the Digital Age: The Once and Future Federal Depository Library Program. by James A. Jacobs, James R. Jacobs, and Shinjoung Yeo [Article to appear in Journal of Academic Librarianship, May 2005, http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jacalib]
- Is the GPO Endangered? Miriam Drake, Information Today, August 5, 2002.
- “Let the People Know the Facts: Can Government Information Removed from the Internet be Reclaimed?” (PDF) by Susan Nevelow Mart, University of California, Hastings College of the Law. 98 Law Libr. J. 1 (2006) (It’s also available via the Social Science Research Network)
- “Records Management Guidance for Agencies Implementing Electronic Signature Technologies.” National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), October 18, 2000.
- State-by-State Report on Permanent Public Access to Electronic Government Information (2003) By Government Relations Committee and Washington Office American Association of Law Library
- Text of speech by Wayne Kelly, formar Superinendent of Documents, to the Federal Documents Task Force at ALAÃs Midwinter meeting in Washington DC (1997)
- Undocumented Evidence. The Politics (and Profits) of Information: The 9/11 Commission One Year Later. Max Holland, Washington Spectator,November 1, 2005
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.