Here’s more news from our Canadian colleagues regarding the ongoing erosion of library services and Library and Archives Canada (LAC). The announced cuts to the LAC include:
- Elimination of 30% of archivists and archival assistants;
- Reduction of digitization and circulation staff by 50%;
- Reduction of preservation and conservation staff;
- Closure of the interlibrary loans unit;
- Elimination of the National Archival Development Program (NADP) which supports -programming at provincial, regional and university archives across Canada.
The following libraries will also close or be affected:
Canadians or other concerned individuals can write, email or telephone their Member of Parliament or contact the Prime Minister directly via email [firstname.lastname@example.org] or fax [613-941-6900] to register their concerns about these cuts.
Additional information on LAC & NADP activities are listed below:
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.